Ups and Downs at Cedar Point

Yesterday, along with a couple friends, I went to Cedar Point. For 4/5 of us it was a blast… more on that in a sec.

Jon and I left thursday night and got a hotel room, so we wouldn't have to wake up ass early and drive friday morning. Andre had the same plan, and he drove up from Tennessee with a friend from work, James, and his wife, Amy. Jon and I had quite the blunder on our trip… We were heading east on the Ohio turnpike, just chatting and listening to music. Well, we must have zoned out bigtime, because neither of us noticed that we passed our exit, and we overshot it by a good 20 miles. When we noticed the blunder, we doubled back, and got to the hotel without too much lost time. Andre rolled in at about 2:30am.

We woke up and had breakfast and got to the park at about 11:00. Jon and I hit a stroke of good fortune when we were about to pay for our tickets, a guy walked up to us asking if we were buying tickets. We were both like “yah, why?” Well, apparently he was a part of a school group, and they had two extra tickets, and he gave them to us because he couldn't sell them, or something. Whatever the case, we got in for free! We were quite pumped, needless to say.

We headed for the Raptor, which is where the misfortune started. We waited in line for about 45 minutes, and after Jon and I rode, we noticed Andre walking off the ride ahead of us, which was strange since he was in line behind us. We caught up with him, and he was all pissed off. Apparently they wouldn't let him ride because he didn't fit. The shoulder restraint was fine, but the little 3″ seat belt thing didn't reach from the seat to the shoulder restraint, so he couldn't ride. Gayness. Well, that turned out to be a trend in all the coasters he tried to ride (except the Gemini), so he pretty much said screw it. He got his money back, and then went out to his car to read. No use being at the Point if you can't ride the rides.

Well, more misfortune struck while we were riding… Andre figured he'd be productive while were in the park, and he went to get his oil changed, got the car washed, and he vacuumed out the car and got some Armor-All and cleaned out the interior all nice. Unfortunately, when he was getting a towel out of his trunk, he accidently locked his keys in it. He had to call a locksmith to come and open the trunk for him. He was quite pissed. He eventually got back into the car, and came and picked us up.

The night got a bit better after that – we went out to Outback and had some mean eats. Good stuff. The ride home was uneventful, with no missed exits… heh. I had a great time.. I just feel bad that Andre had such a shitty day…

Leave a Comment

NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>