Yahh, it’s over now….

Hmmm… song by Alice in Chains, or my stint on midnights? Well, both. As far as working 13 days in a row goes, this stretch of midnight shifts wasn't all bad, but it would have been a lot nicer had I not been coughing my head into oblivion the whole time. The cough is better now, but I still hack my brains out when I lay down, which is kinda necessary in the process of sleeping. It's part of the reason I'm up now, the other being that Joe and Shauna were a little loud when they got back… apparently they decided to do the dishes, because all I heard was plates and glasses banging around. Hmm…. hope it was the dishes they were doing!

My midnights ended friday night/saturday morning, which left the weekend mostly open. I finished up the midnights a day earlier than I normally would have due to Darin's bachelor party on Saturday night. It was a really good time, except for the fact that Jon menioned that he got laid off on Thursday… πŸ™ Very shitty… He had worked at his job for close to three years, just bought a house, and gets married at the end of the summer… definitely a sucky time for a sucky event. πŸ™ Other than that, the party was great, but no details will be released to protect the 'innocent'.

Sunday was mothers day, and I spent it at home with my family. My grandma Neir, cousin Ellie, and her daughter Karlee came up to visit as well, which was cool. The latter two live in Colorado, so we don't get to see them all that often. Dad cooked up steaks for everyone, and they were delicious. He got a little wet in the process from the thunderstorms and their associated downpours that passed over, but I don't think he cared much.

Today was one of my recuperation days, where I try to shake the midnights out of my system and get back on a normal schedule. I sorta did, waking up at 9am after about 9 hours of sleep, but I felt I could have slept for another couple of hours. I didn't, mostly due to the nagging cough, but that's all right. I took on a geek project today… I installed a new firewall for the network here, and got the configuration set up so I can interface with the VPN at work. That way Joe and I can do stuff from home with no added configuration to our machines, and it's nice and secure.

I wish I was tired right now, but I guess that doesn't really happen when you go to bed after being up for only 13 hours. I guess my body thought I was taking a nap, because when I woke up, I didn't feel like I was going to be able to get back to bed anytime soon. Arg. Oh well, I don't have to work tomorrow either… πŸ™‚

Leave a Comment

NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>